Wednesday, March 11, 2009

To Care or Not to Care?

I am having an internal debate over Jodi Picoult's newest book, Handle with Care. Do I read it or not? I discovered Jodi Picoult books very late in the game and started with the spectacular My Sister's Keeper. After that I devoured anything new written by Picoult and even some of her older novels. Yet, with each book I came back to the same conclusion -- it was no My Sister's Keeper. So now I have a dilemma, do I read it and hope for the best or just skip it and wait until the reviews are in?
Speaking of reviews, here is the link to the Washington Post's review of Handle with Care:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/03/02/AR2009030202755.html?wprss=rss_print/style

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Hi--I saw your post on LT, welcome to blogging!

Like you, I read My Sister's Keeper first and loved it so much I started at the beginning of Picoults bibliography, (songs of the humpbacked whale) and started reading forward. Whenever something new would come out, I'd read that as well, I'm not through her whole list yet, but have read a lot of them. I read Handle With Care about a week before it came out, I was lucky to score an early copy. I just loved it, almost as much as My Sister's Keeper. I've liked her other work, but was always slightly disappointed that it wasn't as good as MSK, the new one is pretty darn close in my eyes.

If you're interested, you can read my review at my blog, www.thenovelbookworm.com.

I've added you to my blog list, keep up the good work, your blog looks great!

Alexia said...

Read it! I'm slowly working my way through Jodi's books and while alot of them don't measure up to MSK - I've found a couple other good ones.