Friday, June 12, 2009

Book Review Policy (as of June 2009)

To Authors, Publishers, and Publicists:

Welcome to Barney's Book Blog! This blog mainly consists of my opinion on books and sometimes movies. Please feel free to take a look around and make sure that this blog is the place where you want your book to be reviewed and/or promoted. Still interested in having me do a review? Then, please contact me at jedziedz@hotmail.com . Here are a few more things you might want to know about me:

1. As of June 2009, I have decided to take on review books. Please read a few of my current reviews to make sure that I am the right reviewer for you (on the sidebar are links to all my reviews). I am not a professional reviewer, this is a hobby for me. With that said, I will write an honest review in as a professional manner as possible.

2. Due to time constraints, I need to be selective in the books I choose to review. If I decide not to review your book, please do not be offended. My main goal is to be able to review the books that interest me in a timely manner, so that your book will be promoted properly on my blog. It is imperative to tell me when you need the review by before I am able to commit to your book. I will also post the review on Library Thing and the Barnes and Noble website as well as any other vendor sites that you stipulate.

3. I enjoy reading the following types of books: contemporary fiction, women's fiction, thrillers, mysteries, young adult fiction, graphic novels, chick-lit and paranormal fiction. I do not review non-fiction or self-help books as well as romance or religious fiction. I will not review self-published books or e-books.

4. I do enjoy conducting author interviews and giveaways. If interested in setting up either, please email me at jedziedz@hotmail.com.

5. My blog stats: I started seriously blogging in March of 2009. As of June 2009, I have 86 subscribers and 71 followers to my blog. Please take a look at the comments on each post to get a better understanding of my audience.

6. As of August 2009, I can not receive books that are sent through UPS. With my full time job and the UPS drivers early routes, I am never home to receive the books. Please send any review copies through the USPS or FedEx and do not require a signature upon delivery and I will easily receive it. Thank you!

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at jedziedz@hotmail.com.

4 comments:

Linda Nguyen said...

It's great that you're committing to book reviewing. When I feel more comfortable with blogging and if I get more followers/subscribers, I think I might consider book reviewing and blogging more seriously too. Good luck to you! =)

Linda Nguyen said...

Hi, and thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog. I appreciate it. =)

I'd love to read your review for Eternal. I've seen it in bookstores, but I'm wondering if it's a good read.

I'll be stopping by again soon. =)

Alyce said...

Nice job on your review policy!

Desert Rose said...

This is a really cool policy :)

You've been tagged with a meme, if you would like to participate check here :)

http://desertrosebooklogue.blogspot.com/2009/06/unimportant-meme.html