Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Review -- The Divorce Party

The Divorce Party
by Laura Dave
Penguin Group , 2009
272 pages

Thank you to Dana Forman and the nice people at Viking for sending me a copy of this book.

Summary: This book chronicles two woman, one at the beginning of marriage and one at the end. During a divorce party on Long Island, both women uncover secrets about the men they love and must decide whether it is better to leave the relationship or stay and fight.

Review: Laura Dave has written an engrossing novel that I could not put down. She creates characters you can truly empathize with as they struggle to find the truth in their relationships. The characters are so wonderful, flawed and real. The pace of the novel is pitch perfect and the prose has an elegant flow to it. The Divorce Party is just a tremendous novel about forgiveness and acceptance that I highly recommend. Rating: *****out of 5.

6 comments:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I Loved London is the Best Place in American by this author.

Darlene said...

Wow, this sounds really good Jess. I really like characters like you described here.

Jenny Girl said...

sounds like a good read. We could all learn some acceptance.
Saw your group is reading the Welsh Girl. It's on my TBR, so I look forward to your thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Great review. I can not wait to start this. Right now I am reading Dark Hunger by Rita Herron and Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen. But I will definatly read The Divorce Party next!

Lifting Creme said...

This is a great post really. Research shows that approximately 50 percent of marriages stay intact for life, which means that about half of the married population will at some point be involved in the divorce process. Thankfully, today's choices for divorcing couples range from a cheap online divorce to a full-blown litigation in court. Many couples prefer the online version. Getting a cheap divorce online is more popular than ever, especially among people who cannot afford to get a divorce any other way. Provided there are no serious custody issues to be resolved, or extreme hostility between you and your spouse, an Online Divorce may be your most viable option.

Masood said...

I am all that much satisfied with the substance you have specified. I needed to thank you for this extraordinary article. Attorney Lakeland Fl