Thursday, June 11, 2009

Booking Through Thursday -- 6/11

There are certain types of books that I more or less assume all readers read. (Novels, for example.)
But then there are books that only YOU read. Instructional manuals for fly-fishing. How-to books for spinning yarn. How to cook the perfect souffle. Rebuilding car engines in three easy steps. Dog training for dummies. Rewiring your house without electrocuting yourself. Tips on how to build a NASCAR course in your backyard. Stuff like that.
What niche books do YOU read?
Good question. I once read a book about dream analysis for fun. For Christmas one year, I asked (and received) a book called Catholicism for Dummies because I was interested in learning more about the history and traditions of my faith.

What about you? (Want to play along? Go to Booking Through Thursday.)

11 comments:

Jacqueline C. said...

Dream analysis sounds very interesting! Here are mine: (1) and (2)

jlshall said...

Wow, I'm going to be looking for a copy of "Catholicism for Dummies"! My father's family are Catholic, though I was raised a Protestant. This might be the best thing I can find to help me understand all my kinfolk!

gautami tripathy said...

I like thosec dummy books.

Booking through niche

JoAnn said...

I remember doing a paper on dream analysis in high school - fascinating stuff!

zetor said...

I am a cradle Catholic but I bet I would find that book useful.

Kerri said...

I bought 'Guitar' for Dummies the other day.

Lisa (Southern Girl Reads) said...

That reminds me, I used to read books on Astrology. I really enjoyed them when I was younger.

Emily said...

haha awesome! when I married my husband (catholic) I was given a book called "So You're Marrying a Catholic?" It was a cute, comic strip style book but had tons of info! I think I still have it somewhere...

Dot said...

Those Dummie books are great aren't they! As you commented on my blog though, Wikipedia is always good for research!

Marie Cloutier said...

:-) I love it. I'm Catholic too- I should read that book!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

What a great question this week! I've got a couple of "dummy" and "idiot" books on my shelf for sewing and quilting. Not sure they're helping. :P So did you find the book helpful?