Friday, June 5, 2009

Friday Finds -- 6/5

Is it all ready Friday? Here are my finds for the week:
The Actor and the Housewife by Shannon Hale: I read Austenland by Hale and really enjoyed it. Here's a little blurb (from Barnes and Noble) about her newest book, available June 9th --

Mormon housewife Becky Jack is seven months pregnant with her fourth child when she meets celebrity hearththrob Felix Callahan. Twelve hours, one elevator ride, and one alcohol-free dinner later, something has happened…though nothing has happened. It isn’t sexual. It isn’t even quite love. But a month later Felix shows up in Salt Lake City to visit and before they know what’s hit them, Felix and Becky are best friends. Really.


The Last Bridge by Teri Coyne: This sounds like a fantastic thriller / mystery. Only one problem -- it doesn't come out until July. Here's a little blurb (from Barnes and Noble) anyway --

After a ten-year absence, Alex “Cat” Rucker returns to her Ohio hometown because of a letter left on her mother’s kitchen table—a suicide note, carefully preserved in a Ziploc® bag, that reads:“He isn’t who you think he is. Love, Mom”Thus opens this stunning debut novel from author Teri Coyne, who, with wry humor and sharp wit, follows Alex’s journey through the traumatic experiences of her youth and the haze of her adult life.

What did you find this week? (Want to play along? Go to Should Be Reading.)
Check out my interview with Kate Veitch, author of Without a Backward Glance. As always, if you like my blog, subscribe or become a follower!

16 comments:

Literature Crazy said...

The Actor and Housewife sounds terrific. I really need to get Shannon Hale on my radar.

gautami tripathy said...

The Last Bridge looks very good!

Finder's delight

Alexia said...

Oooo I forgot to look up Shannon Hale's other books after I finished Austenland!

-.- said...

The Last Bridge was on my FF last week, I agree it sounds really good. The Actor and Housewife is a new one for me and sounds like a fun read. Off to the TBR list it goes.

~ Popin

Cackleberry Homestead said...

I'm reading The Actor and the Housewife right now and it's great so far.

The Last Bridge looks good - I'll have to add that to my list.

avisannschild said...

The Last Bridge sounds particularly interesting. And I love the cover!

Stop by my blog for an award!

serendipity_viv said...

These look really good.

Jo-Jo said...

Both of these books sound great...I've been especially intrigued by The Last Bridge.

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

I've heard lots of good things about Shannon Hale but haven't read any of her books yet ...

Darlene said...

Great finds Jess. I want to read The Actor and the Housewife too.

Jacqueline C. said...

I've been wanting to pick of The Last Bridge but I keep forgetting. Good finds! Here's my list

Toni said...

Love it.. I want to read those both!

Anonymous said...

After reading that about The Last Bridge, I've got to read it!!

Sassy Brit @ Alternative-Read.com said...

Yes, I agree -- both of these sound very good reads.

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Here's mine.

Sassy
:)

Mari - Escape In A Book said...

The Actor and Housewife is on my wish list :)



Here's my Friday Finds

Lisa (Southern Girl Reads) said...

I reviewed The Last Bridge a few weeks ago! I really liked it. In fact, I really enjoyed writing my review for it as well. Teri Coyne is a gifted writer with a bright future! I hope you get the chance to read it. If you'd like to read my review, I've included it for you.
http://southerngal-lisa.blogspot.com/2009/05/last-bridge-by-teri-coyne.html