Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Review -- Thr3e

Thr3e
by Ted Dekker
Published by Thomas Nelson, 2003
400 pages

Summary: Kevin Parson is being pursued by Slater, a bomber who is obsessed with making Kevin confess his sins. As Slater continues to call Kevin with riddles telling where the bombs are, Kevin works with the FBI and his best friend, Samantha, to stop Slater.

Review: Thanks to Alexia at The Mommy Rambles for the recommendation (check out her great blog). This is a top notch thriller that had me absorbed in the story from page one. Dekker is great at heightening the suspense and really keeps the reader guessing. During the time I was reading this, I felt some of the scenes were a little long, especially at the end when two of the characters are debating the evil nature of man. Afterward, I read somewhere that this novel is considered Christian fiction (shocker) and then the debate made sense. Though it was still a tad too long, especially that late in the book, when you just want to know who the killer is. Rating: *** out of 5.

5 comments:

Vickie said...

I have a Ted Dekker book or two on Mt Git'r'Read, but not sure of the titles. I am now hoping that one of them is this one! Great review!

Darlene said...

This sounds really good. I've read 2 of Dekker's books now and just loved them. I'll have to look into this one. Thanks for the review Jess.

Alexia said...

Alot of Ted Dekker books aren't obviously Christian, and I kinda like it (even though I am a Christian) I'm not a fan of reading page-long sermons in a fiction book.

And you're right, the end scene was super long. It was driving me insane when I was reading it!

Mishel (P.S. I Love Books) said...

I haven't read anything by Ted Dekker but this sure sounds good =)

Lisa (Southern Girl Reads) said...

I've never read a Dekker novel, but after Dar's review of The BoneMan's Daughter and now this, I'm very anxious.