Friday, June 19, 2009

Friday Finds -- 6/19

This week's Friday Find is The Divorce Party by Laura Dave. I want to thank Dana Forman for recommending this book.

Here is the Barnes and Noble description:
Laura Dave is widely recognized as an up-and-coming talent in women's fiction. Now, with her characteristic wit and warmth, she captures a much-discussed cultural phenomenon that has never been profiled in fiction before—divorce celebrations. Set in Hamptons high society, The Divorce Party features two women—one newly engaged and one at the end of her marriage—trying to answer the same question: when should you fight to save a relationship, and when should you let go? An insightful and funny multi-generational story, this deeply moving novel is sure to touch anyone whose heart has weathered an unexpected storm.

Sounds fantastic, right? What have you found this week? (Want to play along? Go to Should Be Reading.)

I also celebrated my 100 post yesterday with a giveaway. Please check it out!

12 comments:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Good one Jess. I LOVED her London is the Best Place in America!!!

Here is my pick: http://bibliophilebythesea.blogspot.com/2009/06/friday-finds-june-19.html

Linda Nguyen said...

Nice Friday find. I wonder why there's cake on the cover. Comfort food? yum.

Is there such a thing as being to young to read certain books? I'm a book addict without a ring around my finger, but I'll surely look into it when I'm a little older. I'm thinking it's a fun read despite the subject matter. Thank you. =)

Linda Nguyen said...

Thank you so much for taking the time to clarifying for me. After reading your comment, I'm considering looking into The Divorce Party. I hope you're enjoying the read. Have a nice day. =)

Alexia said...

Oooh sounds good!

Darlene said...

This does sound good. I've not heard of this author before. Friday Finds sure does add to the wishlist.

Ti said...

A divorce party? That sounds interesting! I love books that are set in the Hamptons too :)

-.- said...

This sounds like a cute read. And the cover makes me really want cake. :p

Great find this week and congratulations on your 100th post!

~ Popin

serendipity_viv said...

Well done on celebrating your 100th post. This book looks really good.

Andrea said...

Sounds interesting..I'm adding it to my WL!

Literary Feline said...

This sounds good! I haven't heard of this author before. A new one to add to my must-read list.

Sassy Brit @ Alternative-Read.com said...

Oh goodness, another great Friday Find! Ages ago there was an advert in the UK, which showed a woman walking out of the divorce courts with a huge grin on her face. I can't remember what the ad was promoting now, but it made me feel good just watching it! So, I can see where this story is coming from. :) Sounds fun. The book, that is, not getting divorced - although, any excuse for a party is good in my book!

Congratulations on your 100th post.

Here's mine!

Hope you have many more blogging days to come.

Sassy
:)

Unknown said...

I gave you an award - check here for details! & thanks for a great blog!

http://chaoticcompendiums.blogspot.com/2009/06/first-blog-award-lemonade-award.html