Let the discussion begin!
1. How much do you think Melanie's upbringing played in creating the person she becomes?
2. How did you feel about Melanie's relationship with her parents? Melanie begrudgingly gives her father a second chance, but refuses to do the same thing for her mother. Do you feel this was fair?
3. Melanie and her best friend are complete opposites. Do you think that their opposite personalities attracted them to each other?
4. In the beginning, Melanie hates old houses. Was her transformation into a home owner realistic? What was the role of the ghosts in helping her love her new home?
5. What was your overall impression of the book? Will you read the sequel?