Monday, January 25, 2010

It's Monday! What are you reading? -- 1/25/10

Happy Monday! This week I am working on Consumption by Kevin Patterson. This book is for the library book club that I belong to. I just finished a chapter in which the main character gives birth and the details were so vivid I actually felt nauseous.

Last week, I finished The House on Tradd Street by Karen White. It was a nice mystery with a paranormal kick, you can read my review here -- The House on Tradd Street review.

What are you reading this week? This meme is hosted by J. Kaye's Book Blog.

8 comments:

Marce said...

You felt nauteous WOW. House on Tradd street is on my TBR list.

Here is my post

http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2010/01/j-kayes-what-are-you-reading-on-mondays_25.html

Ruth Schaller said...

I hope you have a great reading week this week! Here's mine: http://ruthiesbookreviews.blogspot.com/2010/01/its-monday-what-are-you-reading_25.html

Sue Jackson said...

I just finished The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo for one book group and I'm reading the Shack for my other book group meeting this Wednesday. I loved Dragon Tattoo. Not so sure about The Shack yet. It started out good but is kind of dragging in the middle.

Enjoy your book!

Sue

Sharon said...

Two interesting books, hope you enjoy them! Happy reading.

Anonymous said...

Ugh! There is nothing more beautiful than having children. The birth, at least for me, wasn't the fond part.

Athira said...

Ugh! Wish books didn't have that descriptive scenes regd birth! Happy reading!

Jen at Introverted Reader said...

If my mom ever hears about that book, she'll make sure I never read it! She wants grandkids and so far blames The Red Tent by Anita Diamant for the fact that my husband and I haven't produced them! :-)

Enjoy your book!

ibeeeg said...

I am wondering how descriptive the birth scene was. It takes a lot for me to ughed out especially since I work with women who are birthing.
The book itself has my curious.

Hope you had a great week.