Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Review -- Sex, Murder, and a Double Latte

Sex, Murder, and a Double Latte
by Kyra Davis
Harlequin, 2005
304 pages

Summary: Sophie Katz is a divorced mystery writer living in San Francisco. When a string of murders happens just like the plot of her latest book, Sophie and her friends must find the killer before it's too late.

Review: This is the perfect novel if you want something light and entertaining. The characters are funny and very engaging. The plot is fast paced and keeps you laughing with some romance thrown in for fun. I am not much of a mystery reader, but I did figure out who was behind the murders about 3/4 of the way through the book. (1st book in the series) Rating: *** out of 5

6 comments:

serendipity_viv said...

I just love the title! So chic.

kyradavis said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed the book Jess! That was my first published novel and it will always have a special place in my heart. Scrap girl if you're really interested get in on eharlequin.com at a serious discount (why spend extra if you don't have to?).

Anyway, I hope my other novels don't disappoint!

Tasha said...

I've definitely been in the mood for light and entertaining reads lately, so I'll keep this one in mind. Congrats on receiving a comment from the author!

Vickie said...

Yep, this one is on the Wanton Wantin' Book List. 'tis the season for light and entertaining....

Linda Nguyen said...

Ah, I would think good mysteries leave you hanging until the very end. However, I love the title. =) Nice review.

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I haven't read Halfway to the Grave or One Foot in the Grave yet, but if your offer is still up when I'm done reading those two, I'll gladly agree to an exchange with you. =)

Harvee said...

I read this one as well and had fun reading it.