Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Review -- Curse of the Spellmans

Curse of the Spellmans
by Lisa Lutz
Simon & Schuster Adult Publishing Group, 2009
448 pages
Spellman Files Series (Book 2)

Summary: Izzy Spellman is in trouble with the law again as she investigates her parent's suspicious new neighbor.

Review: Lisa Lutz writes another fantastically fun novel filled with the fabulous Spellman family. All the family members are back and up to their old investigating tricks in this sequel to The Spellman Files. The plot was fast paced but didn't pack the emotional punch that first book had. I did enjoy the larger role of Henry Stone as Rae's best friend and (possibly?) Izzy's new love interest. Actually, my favorite parts of the novel were Henry, Rae, and Izzy hanging out together because the dialogue between them was hysterical. Overall, a great addition to the Spellman series and I can't wait to read #3. Rating:****1/2 out of 5.

5 comments:

serendipity_viv said...

I keep meaning to read The Spellman Files.

Vickie said...

I can't wait until this comes up on my RecordedBooks wishlist! The first one had me snort laughing.

Missy B. said...

Sounds like a fun read! :)

Literary Feline said...

I am so glad to hear you like this series. I really want to try it for myself.

Anonymous said...

I have first book "The Spellman Files" to read, then I shall read this... they sound good!