Thursday, July 23, 2009

Friday Finds -- 7/24

Friday Finds is hosted by mizb over at Should Be Reading.


My Friday Find for this week is Johannes Cabal: The Necromancer by Jonathan L. Howard. This book caught my attention when I was reading the Random House newsletter. It sounds like a funny and unusual read. Here is the B&N description:


In this uproarious and clever debut, it’s time to give the Devil his due. Johannes Cabal, a brilliant scientist and notorious snob, is single-mindedly obsessed in heart and soul with raising the dead. Well, perhaps not soul . . . He hastily sold his years ago in order to learn the laws of necromancy. But now, tormented by a dark secret, he travels to the fiery pits of Hell to retrieve it. Satan, who is incredibly bored these days, proposes a little wager: Johannes has one year to persuade one hundred people to sign over their souls or he will be damned forever.

Sounds crazy, right? Barnes and Noble are offering a sneak peek so I am off to read a few chapters. What did you find this week?

12 comments:

serendipity_viv said...

Definitely one I would read. Sounds really good.

gautami tripathy said...

This sounds really good!

Here are my Friday Finds

Kristen said...

This does sound really fun!

jlshall said...

Yes, I could go for a little light-hearted soul-selling right now, too. Sounds like this one might be going on my ever-expanding TBR list.

Denise said...

This does sound crazy. Right up my alley! lol

Ashley said...

Sunds like a fun read!

Kelly said...

That sounds dark, macabre and funny! I'm up for it!

Anonymous said...

I remember hearing about this one. And wouldn't you know it - the carnival just rolled into town.

Vickie said...

This is on the WWBL, too.

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow, that one sounds really good! Thanks for visiting!

Anonymous said...

I haven't heard of yours either. :)

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I'll be watching for reviews!