Thursday, July 9, 2009

Review -- Obsession, Deceit, and Really Dark Chocolate

Obsession, Deceit, and Really Dark Chocolate
by Kyra Davis
Red Dress Ink, 2007
400 pages
Sophie Katz Series #3

Summary: Sophie's good friend Melanie asks Sophie to find out if her husband is having an affair and unfortunately he is shot dead not a block away from Sophie. Melanie hires Anatoly to find out who killed her husband and Sophie can't help but put her amateur sleuthing techniques to the test.

Review: A good addition to the Sophie Katz series, this novel jumps ahead a year after the last one. I was disappointed to see Sophie and Anatoly were not together anymore, but glad to see them working together (some of the best scene are when the two of them are making fun of one another or being competitive). The mystery this time around was very strange, but kept me guessing until the last chapter. Rating:*** out of 5.

6 comments:

Marie Cloutier said...

sounds like an okay fun book :-) thanks for the review!

Anonymous said...

You had me at dark chocolate...

LOL

Anonymous said...

I haven't heard of this series. I will have to check it out.

Darlene said...

These books sound like fun and I sure get a kick out of the titles.

kyradavis said...

Glad you enjoyed my book!!! Hope Lust, Loathing And A Little Lip Gloss doesn't disappoint!

Linda Nguyen said...

Nice review. I'm starting to like these fancy and creative titles. They sound like so much fun to read. =)