Monday, July 20, 2009

Review -- Fragile Eternity

Fragile Eternity
by Melissa Marr
Harper Collins, 2009
389 pages

*** Warning: May Contain Spoilers! Sorry! ***

Summary: Aislinn, Seth, and Keenan are back in the sequel to Wicked Lovely. Aislinn works to become a queen to her faerie subjects, Seth struggles to fit into the faerie world as a mortal, and Keenan tries to come between Ash and Seth for the good of the Summer Court.

Review: If you have read my reviews of Wicked Lovely and Ink Exchange, you will know that I love this series by Melissa Marr. Ink Exchange was one of my favorite reads so far this year. Unfortunately, Fragile Eternity is a good addition but did not take the top spot. The writing is superb as always, the plot is fast paced and intriguing, and some of my favorite characters are back (Niall, Seth, Donia). However, I now understand why I liked Ink Exchange better than WL or FE. I find Ash and Keenan's characters very frustrating. More and more I see Keenan as the villain and Ash as a girl who is unable to see him for who he really is (maybe I am a little bias, I did tell you Seth was one of my fave characters). The love triangle is getting a little tiresome, Ash just needs to make a decision and stick with it and if Keenan really loved Donia wouldn't he just want to be friends with Ash? Rating: *** out of 5.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Thanks for the great review!I'm going to have to check this series out!

serendipity_viv said...

Can't wait to read this one. I just loved Wicked Lovely.

Nely said...

This sounds great! I just purchased Wicked Lovely last week so I'm still behind but I'm definitely going to read it within the next week or so.

Darlene said...

I have yet to read this series and I really want to as I keep hearing how great it is. Too bad this one wasn't great -it's always a bit of a letdown when that happens in a series.

Literary Feline said...

I've been wanting to read this series. I am glad to hear you are still enjoying it, even if this one wasn't quite as good as the others.