Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Review -- Need

Need
by Carrie Jones
Bloomsbury USA, 2008
320 pages

Summary: After the death of her step-father, a bereft Zara moves to a small town in Maine to live with her grandmother. Zara's life changes dramatically, her new friends are not what they seem to be, she is being stalked by the supernatural, and she uncovers a family secret tied to the disappearance of young men in the area.

Review: A young adult novel with Twilight commonalities, Need is a fast and fun read. The author, Carrie Jones, creates extremely likable characters and a great romance between our heroine and her hero. My only concern was the action packed ending, where I found myself confused over how the plan was implemented. I just chalked it up to my lack of knowledge in regards to railroad materials. Overall, a paranormal young adult novel that I recommend reading. Rating: ***1/2 out of 5.

Need a second opinion? Read J. Kaye's review of Need at J.Kaye's Book Blog!

8 comments:

Tasha said...

I don't think I'll read this, but I like the title and the name Zara.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

That cover is unusual. Hope you enjoy the book Jess.

Darlene said...

I've had this out from the library a few times but never got to it. I'm not in too much of a hurry.

Anonymous said...

The cover for this book is one that caught my attention when I first saw it. I don't think I'll be reading it soon, though, as my TBR list is starting to overwhelm me.

Harvee said...

Jess: I've given you an award. You can pick it up at my blog.

Heidenkind said...

I picked this one up at the library. I hope it's good! I keep getting mixed verdicts on it.

Harvee said...

Jess: A reminder of the Kreativ Blogger Award I gave you. You can pick it up at http://bookbirddog.blogspot.com/2009/07/awards-and-awards.html

Mari - Escape In A Book said...

I loved Need :D

I hope you don't mind me adding a link to your review on my own review of this book?