Saturday, July 25, 2009

Saturday Stuff -- 7/25

Happy Saturday!

Well I am up early to go to breakfast with friends, head to a family reunion, and then a 2 year old's birthday party before I swing by my brother's house where some friends are throwing him a birthday party. A very busy day... so let's get to the book talk!
This week I reviewed two books, Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr and The Next Thing on My List by Jill Smolinski. I also joined J. Kaye's Stephanie Plum Challenge and am gearing up for Barney's Online Book Club Discussion of The Late, Lamented Molly Marx on Monday. Very excited to discuss this book and see what the other readers thought. I also submitted a review of Something Rotten for the Bookworm Carnival. I am not sure of the date it will be posted but I will let you all know. Of course like most bloggers, I am working on a list of nominees for the BBAW. Okay so what is on deck...Still working on: A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick and Looking for Salvation at the Dairy Queen by Susan Gregg Gilmore

From the library:
Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder
How to Buy a Love of Reading by Tanya Egan Gibson
Now and Then by Jacqueline Sheehan
Wondrous Strange by Lesley Livingston
Four to Score by Janet Evanovich (for the Stephanie Plum Challenge)
Evermore by Alyson Noel
Something Wicked by Alan Gratz

Anyone read any of these books? Any advice -- what to start with or what to skip?

4 comments:

serendipity_viv said...

I hope to read Poison Study soon too. I need to order it from the library.

Jenny Girl said...

I haven't read any of these, but Poison Study is on my list.
Enjoy it!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I see you're already reading it, but I jut finished Looking for Salvation a few weeks ago. I liked it, but wasn't quite wowed. Hope you do better! :)

karen! said...

I'm a bit late with this, but definitely do not skip Poison Study. It's a good one and if you like it there are a couple of other books in the series.