Friday, July 17, 2009

Friday Finds -- 7/17

Friday Finds is a meme hosted by mizb at Should Be Reading.My find this week is The Widow's Season by Laura Brodie. I read a review over at S. Krishna's Books and thought this would be a fantastic read.

Here is the Barnes and Noble synopsis:
Sarah McConnell's husband had been dead for three months when she saw him in the grocery store.What does a woman do when she's thirty-nine, childless, and completely alone for the first time in her life? Does it mean she's crazy to think she sees her late husband beside a display of pumpkins? Or is it just what people do, a natural response to grief that will fade in time? That's what Sarah McConnell's friends told her, that it was natural, would last a season, and then fade away.But what if there was another answer? What if he was really there? They never found the body, after all. What if he is still here somehow, and about to walk back into her life?

What did you find this week?

14 comments:

Literature Crazy said...

Seriously, that's just... WOW. What a great synopsis. I don't typically read books in the mystery genre, but that one totally snagged my attention.

Thanks for posting the find.

Kelly said...

Intriguing...I'm hooked!

jlshall said...

Oh, this sounds really good! Looks like I've found another book for the ever-expanding TBR list. Nice find!

gautami tripathy said...

Interesting!

Darlene said...

Wow, this sounds really good. Great find! Mine is here.

avisannschild said...

This sounds like a great book! Thanks for reminding me that I still haven't read Swapna's review of it... (I'm behind in my Google Reader.)

Mary (Bookfan) said...

this intrigues me, as well!

Alexia said...

Oh, that sounds like an awesome book! Guess what I'll be getting next?

I'm still trying to get through Phillipa Gregory's "The Constant Princess" and I've got a review book to read too.

The boys won't leave me alone! LOL

Andrea said...

This is on my WL too!

Ti said...

Oh...mysterious! It made me think if that Sandra Bullock movie (Premonition) which if you haven't seen, you should go rent. It was surprisingly good.

Marie Cloutier said...

that looks fantastic! i'm totally intrigued :-)

Literary Feline said...

Oo! This does sound intriguing. I'll have to add it to my wish list too. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Alyce said...

That sounds really good! I totally want to know if it was her husband now.

Book Butterfly (Kim) said...

Oooh I love the one for the Widow's Season. I'm so glad you posted about it!! Going to have to add it to the list!