Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Review -- The Frog Prince

The Frog Prince
by Jane Porter
Grand Central Publishing, 2005
384 pages

Summary: Holly Bishop is newly divorced and has recently moved to San Francisco. She has a great job as an events planner but no social life to speak of. As the year continues on, she works on being happy with herself in order to find the happy ending she has always wanted.

Review: A quick, light read, I would recommend The Frog Prince to anyone who enjoys chick-lit. Holly is a great character once she gets over her self - esteem issues (and stops rambling on about fairy tales) and really starts to live for herself. I had a hard time understanding Holly's relationship with her mother and didn't really comprehend the motives of her ex-husband in seeking a divorce. I did enjoy the overall empowerment theme of creating your own happy ending. Great supporting characters and lots of funny scenes (especially the dating!) make The Frog Prince a fun read. Rating: *** out of 5.

Want a second opinion? Check out Trisha's review at Trisha's Book Blog!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Sounds like a fun summer read! I may have to check it out.

Anonymous said...

I did a review on this book as well. I have to agree that it was a fun read. I thought it had a humor to it and it was just a fun read!

Darlene said...

This sounds like a fun summer read - thanks for the review Jess.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I haven't heard of any of these, but they sound great for summer :) enjoy