I am currently reading a book for the library book club that I am a member of. I am struggling with this particular book and have been brainstorming ways to motivate myself to read it.
Here are the issues:
1. It is a paranormal book for a contemporary literature book group. I have read paranormal fiction before (love you Charlaine Harris!) but this book is very confusing and over the top.
2. The plot feels like it is going no where. Mind you, I am only 40 pages in, but we are still meeting the main characters and being confused by their possible 'powers'.
3. I (inwardly) groan everytime I pick it up. Not a good sign.
So I have 2 weeks and here are my ideas:
1. Divide the remaining pages over the next 2 weeks and motivate myself to reach my goal everyday.
2. Read 50 pages total, if still struggling then just go to the meeting without finishing the book -- life is too short to read books you are not interested in!
So what do you think? Do you have any strategies for reading difficult books? Please help and share your wisdom!