Friday, November 14, 2008

Ask Again Later

I just recently finished the fantastic Ask Again Later by Jill A. Davis. The story revolves around Emily, a woman who is unsure of her life. When her mother is diagnosed with cancer, Emily drops her unhappy life (an all consuming job as a lawyer, a great man who she might love but runs away from) and moves in to her mother's house. During this time, she and her estranged father try to reconnect and she becomes a receptionist for his law firm.



I really enjoyed this book. Emily copes with stressful situations through humor and sarcasm with hysterical results. At times I found myself laughing out loud at some of the conversations she holds with her self absorbed mother, obtuse father, and entertaining shrink. I highly recommend this book for anyone looking for a quick, light, and very funny read.

No comments: