Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Reliable Wife -- Now in Paperback!

A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick is now available in paperback. I read and reviewed this novel last July (I borrowed the book from the library) and at the time said this --

"A Reliable Wife is the story of people with terrible pasts who are grasping for second chances. The writing has a lyrical quality and the reader is able to ponder the thoughts and feelings of characters who refuse to show their true selves to anyone. The characters are awful people, who have made tremendous mistakes and must live with them. "

To check out my entire review, go to: http://barneysbookblog.blogspot.com/2009/07/review-reliable-wife.html.

How about you? Have you read A Reliable Wife? If so, what did you think? (Feel free to leave the link to your review in the comments section.)

1 comment:

MissSusie said...

I think the longer I was away from this book the more I liked it.It really stuck with me.
You should read his Non-fiction book The End of the World as We Know it :Scenes from a Life it really shows you that the character of Ralph was based on his own life!Its a powerful read!