Friday, May 7, 2010

Review -- Official Book Club Selection by Kathy Griffin


Official Book Club Selection: A Memoir According to Kathy Griffin
by Kathy Griffin
Random House, 2009
368 pages
* I borrowed this book from the library.

Summary: Comedienne Kathy Griffin writes a memoir about her life so far, including her childhood, her marriage and divorce, as well as her struggles to build a career in television.

Review: I am a big fan of Kathy Griffin's stand-up as well as her Bravo show, My Life on the D-List. It was a no-brainer picking up her memoir Official Book Club Selection because I knew it would be an entertaining and fun read. I absolutely loved this book. It was funny, but also at times very moving. I was impressed with how hard Kathy worked to become the success she is today. My only concern was the organization of the book which was a little confusing. Kathy would make references to events that had happened previously but then she doesn't go into detail until the next chapter. However, the style of writing was wonderful, I felt like Kathy was in my living room telling me her life story. And what a story! Rating: **** out of 5.

1 comment:

Shooting Stars Mag said...

nice review. i've thought of picking this up. it seemed interesting.

-lauren