Friday, March 6, 2009

What’s the best book that YOU haven’t read yet?


A lot of bloggers have been answering this question over the past two days and I have enjoyed reading their lists and posting comments. I was not surprised to find The Book Thief by Markus Zusak on many of the lists.

I read this book for book club a few months back and really enjoyed it. After I picked up I Am the Messenger, also by Zusak, and realized that I loved this book even more. It's a story of second chances and how one one event can change your life forever. It is a funny and thoughtful adventure ripe with unusual characters.

So if you are going to read The Book Thief (and even if you are not) I recommend that you pick up I Am the Messenger as well. Let me know what you think of it (or both books) in the comments section.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have The Book Thief waiting patiently in my stack! Thanks for the recommendation on Zusak's other book -- I'll keep an eye out for it. Can't wait to read them both!

bethany (dreadlock girl) said...

I have read The Book Thief, and I never even knew I should be on the lookout for I am Messenger!! Now I will certainly heed your advice and pick this one up.

Thanks for the rec!