Monday, August 16, 2010

It's Monday! What are you reading? -- 8/16


This meme is hosted by Book Journey.

Happy Monday! This week I am trying to finish Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert so I can go see the movie with my mom. I also need to pick up One Day by David Nicholls again and if all goes according to plan (which it never does) then I will finish the week off by reading The Lace Reader by Brunonia Barry. Last week, I read Starting from Scratch (which I loved, review to come) and reviewed Look Again by Lisa Scottoline (click on the title to read my review, not my favorite but had some good qualities).

What are you reading this week?

6 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

You had a good week. I have heard some good things about The Lace Reader. I hope you enjoy it. My Monday Report is here. Happy reading!

gautami tripathy said...

You did well..

Have a great reading week ahead! Here is my Mondays: Mailbox/Where Am I/Musings post.

Jan von Harz said...

I am wanting to read Eat, Prey Love before I see the movie too, thankfully I have a lot of time since I will be waiting till I can rent it. Have a great week.

Hilde said...

The Lace Reader is on my wishlist. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it.

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

I read Eat Pray Love forever ago and thought the book was ok. I am really interested to see how the movie is.

Jess said...

Hi Kathy Martin,
I am hearing mixed things about The Lace Reader but want to give it a try. It takes place in Salem and I live about 45 minutes away from there, so I have a little added interest.

Hi Jan,
Normally I would rent it too, but my mom really wants to see it. How can I say no to my mom?

Hi Hilde,
I am hoping The Lace Reader will be a good read. I will keep you updated!

Hi Sheila,
I really enjoyed Eat, Pray, Love but can understand why some readers were not thrilled with it. She has a very distinct voice and it took awhile to get use to.


Thanks everyone for your comments!