Monday, August 9, 2010

It's Monday! What are you reading? -- 8/9


Happy Monday! I have today off of work so this will be a quick post and then I am off to yoga class. I am currently reading Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert (I just finished the Italy portion and am yearning to go there on my next vacation) and One Day by David Nicholls (not much to report I have only read a few pages since last week). Last week, I finished Look Again by Lisa Scottoline (review to come) and reviewed The Wife's Tale by Lori Lansens (click on the title to read my review). I have book club tomorrow night and we are discussing The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows (click on the title for my review). Have a great week of reading!!!

What are you reading?

8 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

I wanna read that Potato book!

Have a great reading week ahead!Here is my Monday: Mailbox/Whereaboutspost and You can also answer my question at my Musing Mondays post!

Lea Kelley said...

Interested to hear your thoughts on One Day, since I've only seen the critics' raves so far. Have a great reading week!

Jess said...

LJK -- I am hearing great things as well but am so wrapped up in Eat, Pray, Love that I haven't had time to give it the attention it deserves!

Thanks for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

Eat Pray Love is one of my favorite books. I liked the India section the most. Liz's commentary while she's learning to meditate is hysterical. I love how she chastises and argues with herself during it. And Richard is fantastic.

Enjoy!

Jan von Harz said...

I think I would like to read this one before going to see the movie. It really sounds like a fun read.

Sue Jackson said...

Oh, I really loved Eat, Pray, Love. It seems an odd choice to be made into a movie, though, so I'm curious how the upcoming Julia Roberts flick will be received. Wouldn't it be weird to write a memoir (like this one or Julie and Julia) and then see some gorgeous Hollywood star play YOU in the movie?

Enjoy your day off and your reading week!

Sue

The Literary Lioness said...

I haven't read any of those books yet, but they all sound so interesting!

http://www.theliterarylioness.com

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

I hope you enjoy Eat Pray Love. There were parts I really liked, and other parts I kind of didn't. I still would like to see the movie and how it compares.