Friday, January 7, 2011

Friday Finds -- 1/7

This meme is hosted by Should Be Reading.

Happy Friday! My Friday Find this week is Our Lady of Immaculate Deception by Nancy Martin. I love Nancy Martin's series The Blackbird Sisters Mysteries and am looking forward to reading this new series! Here is the Barnes and Noble description:

Roxy Abruzzo, bestseller Nancy Martin’s latest creation, is a loud-mouthed, sexy, independent-minded niece of a Pittsburgh Mafia boss trying to go (mostly) straight. She’d like to stay completely out of her uncle Carmine’s shady business dealings, though he's trying to reel her in. She'd like to concentrate on the architectural salvage business she runs mostly on the up and up for a tidy profit. She'd like to keep her rebellious teenage daughter on the straight and narrow. But Roxy knows where all the good intentions in the world usually lead, and when she can’t help herself from tucking away an ancient Greek statue that's not really hers, she pays for it by getting caught up in the chaos surrounding the sordid murder of the statue’s former owner, heir to a billion-dollar Pittsburgh steel fortune.

Sound like a ton of fun! What is your Friday Find?

5 comments:

Lisa (Southern Girl Reads) said...

I am a huge fan of the Blackbird Series (I've read them all!) and I think this new one is going to be equally as entertaining! Thanks for reminding me of this one!

Jess said...

Hi Lisa,

I am with you! The Blackbird Sisters are fantastic. Thanks for stopping by!

gautami tripathy said...

I have not read this author. I will have to check her out!

Here is my Friday Find

Marce said...

I haven't heard of this one before.

I am a new follower, we have similar interest after reviewing your recent list.

Here are my FF

http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2011/01/friday-finds.html

audreygeddes said...

Thanks for the great review. I have not read this author yet, but her series sounds good. I will have to check that out. My Friday find is a book by Leonid Korogodski called, Pink Noise: A Posthuman Tale. The story is set apart from other sci fi novels and is very compelling and beautifully written. Not only does the author answer the question why our consciousness evolved, but he also places it in the context of an evolutionary process that surpasses biology.