Saturday, July 10, 2010

Are you an organized blogger?


What kind of blogger are you: do you schedule your posts ahead of time or do you fly by the seat of your pants?

Personally, I post on the days when I can. I very rarely schedule posts ahead of time, unless I have extra time during the day to crank out a few extra posts for days I don't blog (like the weekend). I have a tentative organized schedule in my head: Tuesdays/Thursdays I post reviews if I am done with a book and Monday/Wednesday/Fridays I do memes. On the weekends I post interesting books I have found around the web or in magazines or sometimes a discussion post (but I rarely post on the weekends).

So what about you? What is your blogging organizational style like?

6 comments:

Wolfe said...

A lot of time, sunday nights i write up the Monday what are you reading meme. Then out on finishing touches monday morning before posting it. And the bloghop i have been doing thursday. So i think the memes i participate in, i do ahead of time. If i choose to review a book i read, then i do it almost right after i read it where it is fresh in my mind.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I usually schedule posts the day before for Mailbox Monday. Waiting on Wednesday, Friday Finds. The other posts (reviews etc) get posted when I have extra time.

Lexie said...

I'm a little of both. I try to schedule some posts ahead of time--like my Sarcastic Sunday posts, Coming Attraction posts or any reviews of books that are not out for a few months.

Everything else...whenever I feel like it XD its why some days are heavier then others--I don't much pay attention to how much I already have scheduled.

Jenny Girl said...

lol
Organized? Meh, sometimes. The long July 4th weekend did give me time to write and schedule this week's past posts, but usually I fly by the seat of my pants.

For some ARC's and interviews and such I schedule things or have a rough timeline in my head. But most of the time, it is when I get to it.

I try to be organized but it only lasts for so long :)

Jess said...

I love that we are all somewhat organized but at the same time we also fly by the seat of our pants. Thanks so much to everyone who commented!

Cackleberry Homestead said...

I do some of both, but mostly it's by the seat of my pants.

Sometimes I have my WoW scheduled for weeks in advance. I never can do teaser tuesday until the day before because who knows what I will be reading. I work on my What are you reading Monday the week before and finalize on Sunday.

Reviews sometimes get posted a few days in advance, and I typically make the post with all but the review when I start a book so it's easy to do just the review when I finish.

I want to be more organized, but I can't seem to get there.