Monday, July 19, 2010

It's Monday! What are you reading? -- 7/19


Happy Monday! Well, I just got back from a weekend of camping in Maine and had a fantastic time. I hope everybody had a wonderful weekend. So what's booking? Well, I am making some progress on The Passage by Justin Cronin (Amy just showed up again and I am intrigued). I am also loving the very funny, This Must Be the Place by Kate Racculia (and hoping to have a review up this week). I have also started the lovely The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows (for book club). Wow is that title a mouthful!

Last week I reviewed the wonderful The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon and gave it 4 1/2 stars (click on the title to read my review). Since I have three books going at once, my goal is to finish one and post a review this week. Wish me luck!

8 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

The Passage is on my wish list!

Here is mine!

Jules said...

I'm currently reading the Passage. It's a little slow moving, but the are parts that catch my interest. Are fining there is to much time wasted on filler information, or irrelevant information, that takes away from the main focus of the story?

Jan von Harz said...

I am also plunging forward with The Passage, it has gotten more exciting in the last 50 pages so I will continue to read more today. Have a great week.

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

I am listening to The Passage on audio and prefer the story line of Amy so I am currently waiting for her return. i think I am in part four and now there are a whole bunch of different characters....

Cant wait to see what our Passage reviews look like... :D

Unknown said...

Loved the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society. Made me want to get an old fashioned pen pal!
My Monday is here

http://kyliesreads.blogspot.com/2010/07/its-monday-what-are-you-reading_19.html

Yvonne said...

This book is on my wish list. It looks great.

Jules said...

I'm almost finished the first part. So I'm not very far. So we'll see how things go. Amy is a character who has caught my interest, and it looks like theres mystery about her to come.

Sue Jackson said...

Oh, my gosh, I don't know how you manage to read 3 books at once! The Passage is on my birthday wish list (later this week), and I absolutely loved Guernsey. My 15-year old son read it for English class (Brit Lit) this year in school! Cool teacher, huh?

I LOVE Maine - it's been far too long since I've been. Glad you enjoyed a relaxing weekend.

Sue