Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My Favorite Reads -- 7/29


This meme is hosted by At Home With Books.

My favorite read this week is The Divorce Party by Laura Dave. This was a wonderful novel about a woman who throws a divorce party and how it affects her family. It is an engrossing read filled with interesting characters. (Divorce parties are unbelievably real, just google 'divorce party' and you get tons of sites devoted to the planning and preparation of divorce parties. One site even had 'divorce party games'.)

Check out the rest of my review: The Divorce Party Review

What is your favorite read?

2 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, I loved that book. Mostly I picked it up because a friend of mine actually threw a divorce party after her second divorce (this was in 1985 or so); and she met her third husband there!

She's still married to him.

Here's my favorite this week:

http://rainysnowday.wordpress.com/2010/07/29/my-favorite-reads-2/

Alyce said...

I can't imagine throwing a divorce party, but then I've never been divorced (crossing my fingers I never will be). :)