Friday, July 16, 2010

Friday Finds -- 7/16


My Friday Find this week is I'd Know You Anywhere by Laura Lippman (available 8/17). Here is the Barnes and Noble description:

Eliza Benedict cherishes her peaceful, ordinary suburban life. But her tranquility is shattered when she receives a letter from the last person she ever expects to hear from: Walter Bowman. There was your photo, in a magazine. I'd know you anywhere. In the summer of 1985, when she was fifteen, Eliza was kidnapped by Walter. He had killed at least one girl and Eliza always suspected he had other victims as well. Now on death row for the rape and murder of his final victim, Walter seems to be making a heartfelt act of contrition. Having wondered why Walter had let her live, she cautiously makes contact with him. Yet as Walter presses her for more and deeper contact, it becomes clear that he is after something greater than forgiveness. He wants Eliza to remember what really happened that long-ago summer. He wants her to save his life. And Eliza, who has worked hard for her comfortable life, will do anything to protect it—even if it means finally facing the terrible truth she's kept buried inside.

I am really interested in thrillers lately and this book had definitely peaked my interest. I actually read and reviewed another book by Laura Lippman called What the Dead Know (click on title to read my review) and am hoping to enjoy this one as well. What did you find this week?

6 comments:

Aleksandra said...

Haven't read any of her books, but this sounds great!

gautami tripathy said...

I gotta check it out. Thanks for posting about this book.

Here is my Friday Find post!

Josette said...

I haven't heard of this book too but it sounds good!

Alyce said...

I saw this recently and it does look fascinating. It's out of my reading comfort zone, but is actually tempting me, and I love the cover.

Yvonne said...

I've been wanting to read this author for awhile.

Literary Feline said...

I've only had the chance to read one book by this author, one of her series books, and I really liked it. I want to branch out and try her stand alones. I hear they are great.